Ngapeth named MVP of men’s Tokyo 2020 Dream Team
Published 02:44, 07 Aug 2021
France's Earvin Ngapeth led the Tokyo 2020 Dream Team as he was named Most Valuable Player and Best Outside Hitter after leading his teammates to their first ever gold medal in the Olympic Games.
Ngapeth led France with 26 points as they triumphed in five sets against ROC in the gold medal match.
The 30-year-old outside hitter leads a Dream Team of players that stood out and led their teammates at the much-anticipated quadrennial in the Japanese capital.
- Most Valuable Player - Earvin Ngapeth (FRA)
- Best Outside Hitters - Earvin Ngapeth (FRA) and Egor Kliuka (ROC)
- Best Middle Blockers - Ivan Iakovlev (ROC) and Barthelemy Chinenyeze (FRA)
- Best Libero - Jenia Grebennikov (FRA)
- Best Setter - Luciano De Cecco (ARG)
- Best Opposite - Maxim Mikhaylov (ROC)