The event in Gstaad will welcome the world’s top beach volleyball teams from July 6 to 10.
Formula - Gstaad
Following a special request from the Gstaad tournament organisers concerning the 2022 event only, and a careful evaluation of the measure by the FIVB and Volleyball World, the competition formula will be as follows:
- Main Draw teams per gender: 32
30 teams based on their entry points calculated 28 days prior to the tournament
2 Main Draw wild cards
- Qualification tournament: not applicable
- First phase: Eight pools featuring four teams each, playing in modified pool play format; top three from each pool advance.
- Second phase: 24 teams play off in single elimination bracket (round of 24, round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals, finals for bronze and gold)
- Duration: Five days, Wednesday to Sunday
Prize purse: USD 300,000 (USD 150,000 per gender)
Additional information about the prize money breakdown and ranking points allocation will be made available in the Event Playbook and Specific Competition Regulations in the run-up to the tournament.