Croatia and Portugal have been confirmed as the hosts of the 2021 edition of the women’s and men’s FIVB Volleyball Challenger Cup (VCC) respectively, and the qualification system for the event has also been confirmed.
Zadar in Croatia and Gondomar in Portugal are ready and eager to stage the next edition of the event in 2021, and both the men’s and women’s competitions will be hosted from 30 June to 4 July 2021.
The VCC 2021 will feature six teams per gender, and the qualification will be the following:
• The host country team
• The two top teams of the CEV Volleyball European Golden League 2021
• The remaining three vacancies will be filled by the top ranked teams not yet participating in the current edition of the VNL as per the FIVB Volleyball World Ranking (as of 31 March 2021), based on the following:
• The top team from NORCECA
• The top team from the AVC for the women’s event and the top team from the CAVB for men’s event
• The top team from the CSV or CAVB for the women’s event and the top team from the AVC or CSV for the men’s event
The VCC was created to give emerging volleyball nations an opportunity to demonstrate their quality on the world stage since its introduction in 2018. In addition, the champions of the VCC 2021 will earn a coveted place in the FIVB Volleyball Nations League 2022. For more information please visit the VCC 2021 website.